Mechanically Bonded Graphite (MBG)
Dependable graphite and steel core material combines excellent compressibility and resilience with bolt retention and heat resistance.
- Engineered for high temperature, hot gas applications of 550°C (1,000°F) and higher
- Expanded graphite facings mechanically bonded to a 0.20 mm (0.008") tang perforated tin-plated steel core
- Naturally lubricious, compressible and resilient with excellent bolt torque retention, chemical and heat resistance
- Thermally anisotropic heat transfer characteristics
- Coatings can be added for improved release properties and microseal
- Optional steel reinforced ports for increased bore loading and higher temperature and pressure application